Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21

So, I love the chance to be able to do something just fun and silly and random with the boys. Some of my greatest memories as a child were of just random good at home fun. Picnics, a walk with the pigs, feeding the sheep, rolling down the back hill in a feed barrel. You know that kind of thing. Well that was my childhood. I can't give my kids a farm, but I can give them some good random fun. And my hope is that they will create great memories. So when I heard that we were expecting rain, I have a bright idea that we should go for a 'rainy' bike ride. McClain was all excited by the idea. So Sunday after noon came and went with no rain. So just before dark and just as I was getting ready to put Ashton into the bath, I saw the rain on the window. I yelled for McClain the rain is here, do you want to go for our 'rainy' bike ride. He jumped up, I grabbed the boys bundle clothes and a blanket. Then I heard it the hurricane winds. Errr... So I had to tell McClain sorry, Mom just can't ride a bike in that wind, and we would have to wait for tomorrow morning. Well this morning rolled around and no rain yet. Then I saw it, rain on the window, and no wind. So I grabbed boys bundle clothes again and blanket. I grabbed a sweatshirt and out we went. And the rain, well it was coming down pretty good. The boys were all bundled warm, plastic cover was down on the bike trailer, Mom was getting soaked. But I was smiling and laughing the whole time. And I saw smiles when I looked back...

No comments:

Post a Comment