Thursday, February 17, 2011

January 17


McClain has always been out little guy, who is always on the go. Always up with Dad at 5 am to help him get ready for work and make the coffee (he knows, don't wake Mom, 'til the coffee is done) Then he goes all day, never taking a nap. Then the poor little guy doesn't even sleep very good at night, probably because of side effects of all the medicines he takes. So for the past few months I have started making him lay down in the afternoon, whether he wants to or no. Every day before I give Ashton his bottle of his afternoon nap I get McClain all set up and cozy in our room, a nice fluffy pillow, a snuggely, and a cartoon. I give him a little kiss tell him to have a nice break and to close his eyes as soon as his show is over, and that I will come and check on him after I lay Ashton down. And 95% of the time after I lay Ashton down McClain is already fast asleep. I know this may sound crazy to some, because he is going on 5 and that is about when kids will stop taking naps... Well hear me on this, the kid gets up at 5am! What kid does that? Willingly??? Not to mention he is a little guy, who is going though al ot of changes, coming down on his prednisone, makes him feel sick, and just takes so much out of him, his little body needs a lot of rest to recover from all that. Not to mention the lower his dose of prednisone the better he probably can rest, that stuff can really effect your ability to sleep well. So anyhow here is my little guy taking his 'break' because we are not allowed to call it a nap. Guess he is to much of a big boy for that nap stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment