Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11

I can not even believe that McClain has grown so much in what seems like overnight. I know it may seen like I am totally crazy, because yes he is still very much a little guy. But really all his jeans are either now fitting where I used to have to roll them up, or they are total floods. He is slowly gaining weight, but that is a whole other story. And his feet, how did he go from wearing a size 5 to a size 6.5? I knew that his shoes were getting tight, what I didn't know is that the poor little guys feet were squished into his riding boots. So it was top priority to get him some new shoes this week during Clint's vacation. So we headed off to the shoe store to get some new shoes. We measured his feet and I couldn't believe that he measured at 6.5. I have had him wearing a size 6 in his chucks, and thankfully those do run large, but I also wash them all the time, which probably shrinks them a bit. Anyhow we make our way to the boys shoes and check out our choices. I spot a pair I like, Clint spots a pair he likes and yep McClain spots a pair he likes. And he picked the pair with Velcro tops (so don't like) the pair with the skulls on the top (not my favorite) and even better the skulls light up when he walks (always said I would never put my kid in light up shoes (never say never)). Could be worse, could be Thomas the train or Spiderman. Any how even though they were not my pick and so not my favorite, McClain loves them, he is so proud of them, would not leave the store unless he was wearing them. And I am smiling here all by myself just looking at this picture and thinking about him marching out the store with those new shoes, all happy with his purchase. I have now realized that we have entered the phase where he is big enough to have his own little opinions (well we all know he has had his own opinions for a while), and likes and dislikes (and likes and dislikes), but never with things like what he wants to wear or buy to wear. And well it's really great to see, McClain getting to be such a real kid, no longer a baby at all. So until the next time he has to pick something for himself to wear, hopefully its not to ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment